Hi Everyone!

Thanks for checking in again. This is my final genius hour post (I know... it's bittersweet). It has been a fun journey while completing my genius hour. This week has been the hardest. For some reason, all my assignments seem to be due this week making it a hectic school week. However, this did not affect my steps. Still powered through but am feeling a little tired this week. Sleep may have been thrown on the back burner this week... oops!

Through my genius hour journey, I have learned through myself and through my fellow teacher candidates that it's a fun and motivating time. I just looked at other genius hour ideas and they were all inspiring. This project has really shown me how much fun you can have with genius hour. I cannot wait to try this in my future class with my students. It'll be interesting to see what they can come up with! 

For the most part, I have discussed in my other posts how my genius hour has impacted my health, well-being and school work. I have not discussed how my genius hour has helped me improve in my tech-based skills. I have learned how to navigate blogger and create some pretty cool videos which you can find on the other pages of my blog. It's beneficial that I know how to use different apps and can create videos such as my iMovie. This is something I can encourage my students to do, and if they need assistance I will be able to help them! 

Genius hour is definitely a great instructional strategy as it allows students to become independent and strategic learners. It allows them to develop agency and have a choice in their learning. This will help them become engaged in what they are learning. Genius hour is definitely something I want to include in my future classroom. 

Signing off now, thanks for reading my blog! 

Comments