Week 1
Hi everyone!
As mentioned my genius hour project is to get 12,000 steps a day. My genius hour consists of lots of walks around my neighbourhood. I wanted to see how getting 12,000 steps affected my health, well-being and school work performance. All in all, I would rate my health and well-being highly. The walking helps keep active and helps promote energy. I feel that walking more has boosted my energy and helped keep me awake. It also has tired me out, so I find I sleep well each night which also contributes to my health and well-being. When looking at school performance, this genius hour has not affected my school performance negatively. It has provided well-needed study breaks and help me regain focus to complete tasks. I thought this genius hour process would be time-consuming, however,it has been made a priority and therefore I find a time slot for it in my daily routines.
Changes?
One thing I ended up changing for my genius hour project was moving it from 7 days a week to 5 days a week. I was completing 12,000 steps daily and this was becoming difficult especially on weekends. Therefore, I revised my genius hour and now I only have to achieve 12,000 for 5/7 of the days of the week. I found this was a good modification as it was becoming too much to complete it for 7 days a week.
As mentioned my genius hour project is to get 12,000 steps a day. My genius hour consists of lots of walks around my neighbourhood. I wanted to see how getting 12,000 steps affected my health, well-being and school work performance. All in all, I would rate my health and well-being highly. The walking helps keep active and helps promote energy. I feel that walking more has boosted my energy and helped keep me awake. It also has tired me out, so I find I sleep well each night which also contributes to my health and well-being. When looking at school performance, this genius hour has not affected my school performance negatively. It has provided well-needed study breaks and help me regain focus to complete tasks. I thought this genius hour process would be time-consuming, however,it has been made a priority and therefore I find a time slot for it in my daily routines.
Changes?
One thing I ended up changing for my genius hour project was moving it from 7 days a week to 5 days a week. I was completing 12,000 steps daily and this was becoming difficult especially on weekends. Therefore, I revised my genius hour and now I only have to achieve 12,000 for 5/7 of the days of the week. I found this was a good modification as it was becoming too much to complete it for 7 days a week.
Create Records
As this genius hour requires me to see how walking 12,000 steps a day affects many different factors, it's important I document how I feel. Therefore, before my next genius hour post, I will make sure I document each day to help understand if walking helps or hinders my health, well-being and academic performance. I will create a chart to rate how I am feeling the days I walk and also compare it to the days I do not walk.
What motivates you? One thing I recommended for those who would be interested in trying my genius hour is to invest in a Fitbit! I love my Fitbit and it's a great resource to track my steps. It tracks my daily steps, monitors my sleep, heart rate, and overall activity levels. It sends me reminders to move and lets me know when I have succeeded in my step goal. It's a great motivational tool! Another great motivational tool is to bring a buddy! I have convinced some of my roommates to join in the walking process which gives me someone to chat with while reaching my goals.

Comments
Post a Comment